The Distribution Center Manager will profitably manage the receipt, storage and transfer of slabs and tile products at the Distribution Center in a safe and cost effective manner. This position must ensure consistent and proper flow of slabs and tile to customers, while building sales relationships and ensure proper safeguarding of and record keeping over the company's inventory asset investment. The DC Manager is held accountable to regional sales, profitable growth, delivery and quality metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely manage the day-to-day operations of the Distribution Center.
- Build relationships with business partners and ensure customer satisfaction is met. Recommend and initiate changes as needed to improve overall customer service.
- Communicate effectively with the Operations Managers in regards to all DC-related initiatives.
- Manage the inventory process and procedure to regularly obtain accurate inventory of products through system cycle counts against physical counts. Communicate inventory levels needed to meet sales demands within inventory models.
- Coordinate DC activities to ensure that objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner. Ensure that employees have the necessary tools and resources and are properly trained to perform their jobs.
- Ensure that slabs are safely stored in a logical and orderly manner.
- Ensure the Distribution Center is properly organized and kept clean to promote the Cambria brand image.
- Regularly interact and collaborate with District Managers and Market Representatives in region.
- Maintain a safe work environment for all employees. Comply with OSHA, DOT/FMCSA and company safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, as well as the ability to act with a sense of urgency and maintain focus under pressure
- Highly detail-oriented with a passion for perfection; self-motivated; thrives in a team environment that is fast-paced with multiple projects
- Proven record in customer satisfaction which includes addressing customer concerns effectively
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to develop, motivate, and manage a team
- Professional and tailored in appearance to reflect our premium brand
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred (as applicable)
Education: Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: Previous experience in a warehouse or operations environment. Minimum 2 years of management experience.
Systems: Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Responsible for hiring, training and performance management
- Be a visible leader and provide support to all Distribution Center employees
- Provide oversight and direction to employees and ensure compliance with company-wide initiatives, policies and procedures
- Provide a positive and engaging work environment, encourage open communication and maintain positive employee relations
Travel Requirements: Ability to travel to other Cambria locations as needed. Ability to work remotely from the Corporate headquarters.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform light to heavy physical tasks; able to lift 50 pounds safely.
Cambria offers a competitive benefits package that encompasses Health and Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401(k) plus matching, Discretionary Profit Sharing, Flexible Spending Account, Life, Supplemental Life, and Disability Insurance, Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discount and Professional Development Assistance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For additional company information, please visit .
We are an equal opportunity employer.