As an intern, you will build knowledge and experience in our core business groups and their vision, business objectives, processes, systems, and services. The intern will have extensive contact with peers and interaction with senior leaders. There will also be an opportunity to put leadership, technical skills and business knowledge to immediate use through high value project assignments.
- Assist with project management for various company initiatives and complete administrative tasks and special projects
- Learn and perform core department business group work tasks, processes, and customer services
- Perform administrative support for department business group managers
- Develop and execute project action plans and perform team assignments
- Build and strengthen a network of professional contacts within departments and across the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College credits equivalent to one year toward an undergraduate degree
- Basic organization AND prioritization skills
- Basic time and project management skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and Internet Navigation. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong problem solving/analytical abilities.
- Experience or interest in learning about one or more of the following IT infrastructure groups at Union Pacific: IP Networking, Firewall and Network Automation, Linux/Unix Server Engineering/Administration, Windows Client and Server Administration, Server Planning/Server Hardware, Voice Engineering, Web and Java Hosting Platforms, Monitoring, Messaging, Backup and Recovery, Storage Area Networks, Database Administration, and Infrastructure Systems Development.
- Successful completion of coursework in one or more of the following areas: Data Structures, Database, Internet Development (HTML, Java), Object Oriented Programming, Hardware/Network, Complex Planning and Scheduling, Optimization, Simulations
- 18 years of age or older
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- College student
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.